How To Make The Best Tuna Sandwich Spread?
Hello again everyone! So this one is actually one of my favourite recipes ever. Although I’m not a big fan of sandwiches, with this tuna spread I will eat them gladly! Another great thing about that tuna sandwich spread recipe is that you have to spend only about 20 minutes and basically you covered the breakfast menu for the whole week! I use 900g tuna in this recipe and that is a pretty big amount. If you are not so big tuna spread fan then use half of the listed ingredients or even 1/3 – you don’t want to waste good products! By the way you do not have to use it as a spread because it is perfect as a salad as well! Try out my steak or chicken recipes as well!
Tuna Sandwich Spread Recipe
- 900g tuna in olive oil
- 4 boiled eggs
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1-2 big onions
- Firstly boil the eggs, cool them down and peel.
- Now chop the onions finely. Rinse them with cold water then you don’t have to cry that much 🙂
- Then Strain the tuna from oil or water.
- Put tuna into the bowl, add mayonnaise (or greek yogurt), smashed eggs, sliced onions, salt and pepper.
- In case you use tuna in water, add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix all together and enjoy your tuna with whole wheat bread or toast.
Is Tuna Healthy For YOU?
Well, for a start tuna is a great source of protein. In fact it is one of the favourite protein sources for body builders, as it is high in protein and low in fat. Furthermore tuna is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which reduces cholesterol in arteries. In addition it is rich in potassium, which is known for lowering blood pressure. Then it is high in magnesium, zinc, selenium and vitamin C, these are all important for the strong immune system. So tuna is definitely a super food! If you love your body and want to make healthy choices- TUNA is one of the ‘must be”s in your diet!
La Pura Vida