Baked Tuna Poke Bowl
Spicy tuna poke bowl is a Hawaiian native cuisine and it’s main components are raw tuna and steamed rice. But I’m not a biggest fan of raw fish. Don’t get me wrong, even though I love sushi, I do not like sashimis. So this is the reason why I made a little bit different poke bowl today. Hopefully I don’t offend any Hawaiian by doing that :). Also to give it a bit more twist, I used egg noodles, not rice. In fact in my opinion It worked perfectly! I was so surprised how all the ingredients were in perfect harmony. Above all I liked that nice spicy kick from Sriracha mayo which is a hot chilli sauce … just delicious.
However, if you don’t know know what Sriracha mayo is and where to get it, don’t be afraid. There are just two components in it and of course, you can make it yourself. Like the name says – it consists of Sriracha and mayo. It is important to mention that you should be careful with Sriracha – it is pretty spicy. So if you are sensitive to hot dishes, just do not use a lot of it in your poke bowl.
However if you’re having hard time finding Sriracha and egg noodles from your local groceries, you can always order them from Amazon
Baked Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl Recipe
- 250 g (8oz) egg noodles
- 300 g (2 cups) of tuna
- 1 avocado
- 1 scallion
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce (low sodium)
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 2 tablespoons of sriracha
- Firstly, we need to make the marinade for the tuna. Put soy sauce, cayenne pepper and sesame seeds in to a bowl, then add tuna chunks and let it rest.
- Boil the egg noodles.
- Then chop the scallion (including the leaves!)
- Slice Avocado.
- Make the sauce. Mix together 2 tablespoons of mayo and 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce. If you like yours spicier, then use 3 tablespoons of sriracha.
- Now heat the pan, add olive oil and fry tuna slightly on all sides. 2-3 minutes is enough. You don’t want to dry it out!
- Drain the noodles, divide between three bowls. Then add tuna, avocado, scallions and spicy mayo.
- Enjoy your spicy tuna poke bowl!
This recipe is so easy! It takes only 20 minutes to cook but the result is just incredible. PS! Always use fresh fish, it has to smell more like the sea, not like a fish! This way you know it is fresh and then it is good for eating raw as well.
Enough talk! Let’s get to work! As always, let me know if you enjoyed it as much as I did! And make some of these for desert!
La Pura Vida