Warming Pumpkin Soup With Chilli
Hello! With autumn the pumpkin season is coming, so I’ve decided to share a perfect super easy spicy pumpkin soup recipe with you. It is a perfect dinner or a starter. Slightly sweet but at the same time with a nice kick of chilli. This one is actually something vegans can enjoy as well but they should just replace greek yogurt with coconut milk or soy cream. On the other hand you can add some bacon for salty touch and nice crunch.
Only hard part about this soup is peeling the pumpkin. I prefer to use long pumpkins because they are a bit easier to peel. Another trick is to cut it into pieces and bake for 20 minutes, then the skin is easier to remove. Anyway, usually I do not have the patience to do it so usually my husband helps me with peeling 🙂
Is Pumpkin Healthy For Me?
Well, I would say pumpkins can easily be called superfoods. They are perfect for weight loss (30 calories per cup) because they are low calorie. Furthermore, pumpkins are a great source of potassium – a mineral for nerves and muscles, beta-carotene which is converted into vitamin A in your body and also minerals like calcium and magnesium.
PS! Interesting fact about pumpkins – did you know that they are FRUIT, not vegetables!? 🙂
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1.5 kg pumpkin (with skin)
- 2 big carrots
- 3 shallot onions
- 3 garlic gloves
- 1 big red chilli
- vegetable bouillon cubes
- ginger (2cm piece)
- pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt/ soy cream
- salt and pepper for taste
- bacon (optional)
- Firstly wash and peel the pumpkin, cut into cubes.
- Then wash carrots(I do not even peel them), cut into cubes, peel onions, garlic.
- Take out the chilli seed sand peel ginger.
- Now put everything into a big pot, and fill it with water.
- Then add vegetable bouillon cubes.
- Boil until everything is soft.
- Put veggies and 1/3 water into a blender, add greek yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Serve right away, sprinkle some pumpkin seeds and/or bacon for topping.
La Pura Vida