Shrimp Skewers For Dinner Or Snack
Hello! Given that I live by Mediterranean sea, seafood is really popular around here. Well, lucky me, I must say, because I love fish and pretty much all seafood. But especially I like shrimp! I can have them in paella, pil-pil, skewers, also in salad and so on. Whether you want to loose weight or just eat healthy, seafood should be your first option! Why not to start with this easy shrimp skewers recipe?
The recipe I’m gonna share with you today is super easy, only bothersome part is cleaning the shrimp. You should always use fresh shrimp instead of boiled ones because they just taste so much better! You can see the difference if you look at the colour. Boiled ones are completely orange but fresh shrimp are grey. In case you don’t know how to clean the shrimp you can watch a video here .
For this recipe I used 1 kg of fresh shrimp (about 600-650g cleaned) and it is a good amount for 4 people. I also made some warm lemon dip sauce which goes just perfectly with the shrimp skewers. So stay tuned to see how it’s done!
Shrimp Skewers With Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 1 kg of shrimp (cleaned 600-650 g)
- 200 ml of heavy cream
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 dl of white flour
- 100 ml of milk
- 50 g of butter
- cayenne pepper for taste
- salt for taste
- handful of parsley
- olive oil
- Clean the shrimp and wash them. Dry with kitchen paper or clean towel, be sure there is no excess water.
- Then season them with olive oil, salt, cayenne pepper and parsley.
- Take a medium pot and melt the butter on medium heat.
- When the butter is melted start to add white flour, again low heat or the flour and butter will burn.
- When the flour is nice and dark yellow add mixed milk and heavy cream.
- Stir it until you have nice and thick sauce.
- Now add lemon juice (do not drop the seeds into the sauce).
- Then add some salt and pepper .
- It is time to thread the shrimp on skewers, at the same time heat the pan to high temperature.
- Fry the shrimp till they turn light pink. About 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy you shrimp skewers with hot lemon sauce and some sprinkled parsley.
La Pura Vida