Perfect Tender Roast Pork Recipe
Hello again guys! Christmas is absolutely my favourite time of the year and I will try to make the most out of it, so that’s why I have another special recipe to share with you today – we’re gonna roast some pork loin! This recipe is easy but it takes a little bit more time because we need to marinate the pork overnight or even 24-48 hours. “Less is more” doesn’t work in this case.
But let’s start with choosing the right piece of pork … the truth is that if you don’t want your meat to dry out in the oven you need to pick a piece with some fat on it. This way you can be sure that your meat will be juicy and tender. I think pork loin is just perfect for roasting so that’s why I’m going to use it today.
Another important thing is seasoning! Don’t get me wrong – you do not need any fancy spices for your Christmas dinner. More important is HOW you apply your spices. For example today we’re going to use only mustard, rosemary, honey, garlic and salt but the secret is to really rub the mixture into your meat! It is not enough to just cover it with marinade but you really need to give it a proper massage :).
I am going to make roasted potatoes as a side today but you can of course roast some carrots or any other vegetables that you like. For example for us Estonias, sauerkraut is a must be with every Christmas dinner. We usually also make gravy with the juice that came out from the meat! I think this is the easiest way to make matching sauce for any meat dish.
Roast Pork Loin Recipe For Christmas Dinner
- 1 kg pork loin
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary (fresh if you have)
- 3 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon salt
This recipe is for 4 persons. You can easily double the ingredients if you have more people coming over!
- 2 tablespoon of white flour
- 3 tablespoon of sour cream or kefir
- Firstly chop garlic and rosemary.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Now massage it all into the pork loin.
- Then cover the pork with foil and let it set 24-48 hours.
- Before you start to roast it let it stay in room temperature for an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius(320F).
- Then put the meat into a casserole add oil and glass of water to keep the meat moist.
- Cook it under lid for 2 hours/ 160 degrees Celsius(320F).
- Last 15 minutes rise the temperature and roast it with 220 degrees Celsius.
- Now set the meat aside – add flour and sour cream into the casserole to make gravy.
- Enjoy your roast pork with vegetables and gravy!
So this is how I prepare the roast pork loin as Christmas dinner for my family! You should also try my gingerbread and mulled wine recipes if you haven’t yet! Let’s keep the spirit up! Happy holidays!!!
La Pura Vida