Pork Ribs In Oven Recipe
Hi again my friends! Today we’ll cook some ribs, BUT, instead of making them on a BBQ, we are going to cook our pork ribs in the oven. It sounds a bit crazy but I really think that you do not always have to make them on BBQ. In fact oven might have some huge benefits over grill! For example you can control the heat much better and therefore cook your ribs more evenly. Anyway, if you still decide to make them on the grill then I would boil the ribs first for about an hour. Then you can be sure that they are perfectly cooked.
Overall our today’s recipe is super easy and also affordable. In fact, most likely you have all the necessary marinade ingredients in your kitchen already. No fancy spices or sauces! What’s important is to marinade your pork ribs for at least 12 hours in order to get all the flavours into the meat. Another important thing is to keep an eye on the ribs while they are in the oven. You do not want to dry them out! Instead you want your ribs to melt in our mouth so that the meat would fall off the bones almost by itself.
In the marinade I’ll use bbq sauce(basic or smoked – it is totally up to you), honey or brown sugar, soy sauce, apple vinegar, salt and olive oil. I will also use a little bit of cayenne pepper on one of my rib pieces because my boys are not the biggest fans of spicy food but myself and my husband like this amazing comfort food to have a nice little kick to it. So here we go!
BBQ Pork Ribs Recipe
- 1,6 kg pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- tablespoon of pink sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of honey or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of bbq sauce ( I used “Bulls Eye Original”)
- tablespoon of paprika powder
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Spread your marinade evenly on the ribs. PS! Do not throw away left over marinade.
- Let the ribs marinade for at least 12 hours.
- Take it out of the fridge at least 20 minute before cooking, to bring it to room temperature.
- Pre heat the oven to 260 degrees celsius(500F).
- Once again spread the left over marinade evenly over the ribs.
- Cook your ribs for 20 minutes on 260 degrees C.
- Now cover the pork ribs with foil and bake for 2 hours on 170 degrees celsius(340F).
- Let the meat rest for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy your tender bbq ribs.
Although it is not a 20 minutes recipe I’m sure you won’t regret it when you have tasted it! As said before, the key is to let the pork ribs marinade for at least 12 hours and then cook them on low temperature for a while. Also let me know in comments how it turned out for you!
If you are a fan of spicy food you should check out my authentic seafood pil pil recipe!
La Pura Vida