How To Make Japanese Pancakes
Hello everyone! Today I’ll show you how to make fluffy, soft and golden Japanese souffle pancakes so stay tuned. I have to mention that these are not the easiest pancakes to make but they are so worth it! In order to get it just right you have to be really quick and precise. But don’t worry, I’ll tell you exactly how it is done. Just repeat the steps below and soon you can enjoy these delicious fluffy Japanese souffle pancakes. You can use my strawberry ice cream recipe for topping but fresh blueberrys and honey would work fine as well. So let’s have a look how they are done!
Japanese Souffle Pancakes Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 45 g of whole milk
- 60 g of all purpose flour
- 4 grams of baking powder
- 50 grams of white sugar
- pinch of vanilla extract
- oil for greasing the pan
- First separate egg whites from egg yolks and put them into different bowls. Put egg whites back to the fridge.
- Add milk and vanilla to the egg yolks and whisk until the mix is thick and creamy.
- Now mix flour and baking powder in another bowl.
- Add step by step flour to egg yolk mixture and combine all together. (do not over mix it)
- Now it is time to take out the egg whites and start to whip them. Add white sugar step by step.
- Egg whites are ready when you lift up the mixer and egg whites stand right up. It should be smooth and glossy.
- Pre heat non-stick pan over low heat, it should pre-heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Then add 1/3 egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture. Mix it together super gently.
- Repeat until all egg white is mixed into egg yolk mixture but try not to “break” the fluffy egg white consistency.
- Now fry your pancakes on each side until they are golden brown.
The truth is that it isn’t the easiest recipe and some of the souffle pancakes might not turn out perfectly fluffy but the ones that you get just right might just be the best pancakes that you have ever tried! I recommend to eat them while they are still warm because they will lose their texture once they have cooled down. I am really looking forward to hear back from you so please let me know how it went!
La Pura Vida