Chicken Curry With Coconut Cream
Hello! So today I’ll show you how to make one of the most popular dishes all over the world – The Chicken Curry. It is also one of my favourite dinner ideas of all times! Not only does it taste wonderful but also it is an incredibly beautiful dish. You don’t necessarily have to make it with chicken, I for example have tried it with turkey or just veggies, but you can also use lamb or even pork. Furthermore, if you decide to make it using lentils, you will end up with a perfect vegan dinner!
Anyway, if you love Indian food then you are in a right place, so lets get started!
Chicken Curry Recipe
- 500 g chicken filet or 1 cup of lentils
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 big onion
- 3 garlic gloves
- tablespoon of ginger
- 2 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon on turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 400 g tomato paste
- 2 cup of water or veggie broth
- 400 g coconut milk or cream
- 1 big hot chilli
- brown sugar
- basmati rice for serving
- Firstly, chop onions, chilli and garlic into fine pieces.
- Then heat the pan, add olive oil.
- Fry onions, garlic and chilli for 5-7 minutes until they are soft.
- *Now start cooking your basmati rice. Look for the exact instructions on the package.
- Then add bell pepper and chicken to your curry sauce.
- After that put all the spices – ginger, curry powder, turmeric and cumin in the sauce as well.
- Next add water or veggie broth. But if you are making the vegan version, now is the time to add lentils.
- Add tomato paste and leave to boil for 0 minutes.
- Last ingredient is coconut milk, season your curry with salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Serve your curry with hot basmati rice and enjoy!
So I hope you’ll enjoy this delicious 25 minutes recipe!I sure as hell did … in fact while I was cooking, my whole family was waiting by the table and asking when will it be ready. No pressure, right? 😀
La Pura Vida