Hi everyone! So today’s topic is about how to cook a perfect steak. I was struggling to find the best way to cook steak my whole life and it took loads of experimenting to get it right. So quite often it dried out and other times the flavours just didn’t penetrate the surface. But finally I got it how I like it the best. In fact the recipe that I’m sharing with you today makes your steak juicy and full of flavour!
So let’s get back to basics. The first step is to find a good quality stake piece. Here is list for most common steak meat pieces. Choose whichever suits you the best!
- Sirloin steak – lean, juicy, affordable, no bone and little fat.
- Rib eye steak – one of the best steak piece, more fatty (22g/100g), quite expensive but worth it.
- Flank steak- lean, can get a little dry because there is almost no fat (8g/100g), affordable.
- T-Bone steak – king of the steak, most expensive cut. Fat (16g/100g).
- Skirt steak – intense beefy flavour, best cooked rare or medium rare. Fat (12g/100g).
- Filet mignon – very fined grain, super soft. Expensive piece. Fat (17g/100g).
- Strip steak – affordable, not super tender but good piece of steak. Fat (18g/100g).
How To Cook Perfect Steak?
Ok, let’s look closer now. The first step is taking the steak out of the fridge for at least 20 minutes before the frying. Then heat the pan, don’t add oil right away. Do it when the pan is already really hot(when you see light smoke).
Season your steak with salt and pepper(lots of salt). The moment you put the stake on the pan you lose about 35% of your seasoning so rub it thoroughly into the meat. Then place the meat carefully on the pan, oil is really hot so use caution! Now fry your stake 1 minute on one side, turn it over and add some garlic clover and thyme or rosemary. No need to peel the garlic, just crush it till the flavours comes out. After one minute turn the steak over again, now it is time to add a butter. This gives the steak a sweetish flavour and also a nice brown tone. Do not add butter in the beginning because it will be burn. Now turn the steak for the last time and fry it for another minute. Finally let it rest for a few minutes before you cut it.
All that is left to do now is to Enjoy your tender and juicy steak! Try also my healthy blueberry smoothie! It is perfect for dessert!
La Pura Vida