How To Make Ice Cream Without Ice Cream Machine?
Hello everybody! Todays recipe is not as healthy as I usually like to post but my son asked me to make “normal” ice cream this time :D. And since he asked so nicely, I said yes! Summer is almost over now and it is a perfect time to make one last patch of delicious homemade strawberry ice cream before the fall. The recipe itself is fairly easy and no machinery is required! In fact I have to thank my little son who manually frothed the whipped cream all by himself! Anyway before we dive in, there is something I should explain first.
When you make ice cream without the ice cream machine, you shouldn’t leave it in the freezer over night, because it will be too hard to put it into the cones the next day. Of course you do not have to use the cones at all, but it will still be easier to serve it when it is not totally iced. The best way is to make the ice cream mixture, put it into the freezer and stir it every 30 minutes (3-4 times). This way the consistency will be nice and smooth but not too icy.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 500 ml whipped cream
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 g frozen or fresh strawberries (or raspberries)
- 10 big dates
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar (for whipped cream)
- pinch of vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Firstly froth the whipped cream with sugar.
- Then blend coconut milk, strawberries, dates, salt and vanilla into a smooth mixture.
- Now mix whipped cream and coconut milk and strawberry mixtures together.
- Freeze about 1 hour at first and then stir it every 30 minutes for the next 3 hours.
- Divide the ice cream between cones.
- Enjoy !
PS! if you don’t like icy texture, then add a little shot of vodka to the ice cream mixture.
If you didn’t enjoy frothing that much, you might want a good ice cream maker. In this case you can find one from Amazon. In fact this one here is a highly recommended machine:
Please note that the link above is an affiliate link which means that I will get a small commission if you go through with the purchase. It doesn’t mean any extra cost for you of course!
La Pura Vida