How To Make Delicious And Healthy Oatmeal Cookies ?
Hello! Today I’ll show you how to make delicious healthy oatmeal cookies without any flour or butter! We’re going to use peanut butter and honey instead. They are actually vegan friendly as well if you replace honey with soaked and smashed dates( or with agave syrup). Vegans should also use xanthan gum instead of eggs. If you don’t know what xanthan gum is, you can find some info in my previous post.
Anyway, in order to gain most benefits from these healthy oatmeal cookies, I recommend to make them with whole grain oats because they are full of fiber, vitamins and minerals. In addition they are gluten free! So basically pretty much the best grains that you can find 🙂 The best thing about these delicious cookies is that it takes only 15 minutes(including baking) to make them so you do not have to stay in the kitchen the whole evening. But let’s cut to the chase!
- 120 g (4oz) peanut butter
- 50 g (1.7oz) honey
- 1 egg
- 130 g (4.5oz) whole grain oats
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 25 g (0.8 oz) dark chocolate nibs (optional)
- Firstly put honey, peanut butter and an egg into a bowl and whip it all together.
- Then add oats, baking powder, vanilla, salt and chocolate nibs and mix all to a smooth dough.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C (320 F).
- For each cookie take a tablespoon of dough and put on the baking sheet.
- Bake 160C (320 F) for 10 minutes.
- Let rest about 5-10 minutes.
- Finally enjoy your healthy cookies.
These delicious and healthy oatmeal cookies are really fun to make because you can use this base recipe and add basically anything you like. Berries, dried fruits, coconut flakes, raisins etc. You can also make cacao or cinnamon flavour cookies using almost the same recipe.
So now it is your turn to give it a go! I’m sure you’ll love them because they are just perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee. You can have them for breakfast or lunch break snacks. Try out my healthy brownie recipe as well!
La Pura Vida