Can I Make Healthy Apple Pie?
Sure you can! You just need some healthy ingredients and the main ingredients for this healthy apple pie recipe are BEANS! Yes, beans. Canned beans are the easiest choice but you can always use dried beans and boil them. However you don’t need to worry, you can hardly taste them in that healthy pie. I love to have mine with ice cream. In fact, it is perfect with my homemade healthy strawberry ice cream.Try it out! It is a bit crumbly, wait until it is cooled down before you cut it.
Of course there is not only one healthy apple pie recipe, but this one is definitely my favourite! So, let’s get to work now!
Lets Start With The Apple Pie Recipe
- 250-300g (10 oz) beans (I used red beans but you can use any boiled ones)
- 1dl (3.5 oz) plant based milk
- 10 dates (soak if they are dry)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon of honey or brown sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of cinnamon
- handful of chopped walnuts
- Put beans, eggs, oil, milk, vanilla and dates into the blender or food processor and blend it till smooth.
- Then put coconut flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix.
- Now mix flour and bean mixture together. It should feel like play dough 😀 (parents understands me)
- Next step is to take a medium baking dish and squeeze the dough tightly to the bottom.
- Bake it for 20 minutes on 160 degrees and then add the topping.
- Chop the apple into a little cubes.
- Then chop the walnuts into a pieces as well.
- Now add peanut butter, sugar/honey, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Mix all together and pour onto the base (when base have been cooked 20 minutes)
- Then bake for 30minutes on 160 degrees with the topping.
- Take your pie out of the oven and let it cool before you cut it.
- Enjoy with ice cream!
This cake is not only healthy and delicious but also it looks so beautiful. It is nice and pink because I used red beans. Try and experiment a little because it might be worth it! Who would of thought that baking can be so much fun? Can’t wait for my next little project so stay tuned and find out what it is! As always, let me know how yours turned out!
La Pura Vida