Healthy Sticky Chicken For Dinner
So you’ve had a long day, you are tired and want to make a fast, healthy and easy dinner? Then you are exactly in the right place! Today i’m going to show you how to make sticky soy chicken with rice or noodles. One of my favourite kitchen is Chinese. It is full of taste and spices. But if you go to Chinese restaurant, usually the food is not the healthiest there. At home you can modifie the recipe a little so it will be much healthier. For example you can use light soy sauce or oat flour. Or you can use coconut oil instead of olive oil for frying. As usual in Chinese kitchen, it is recommended to use many spices, not only salt and pepper. For the purpose of getting more taste out of your dish you can add parsley or a bit cumin.
So let’s see how this healthy sticky chicken is made!Light Soy Sauce Pearl RiverVirgin Coconut Oil
- 1 pound (0,5 kg) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon oat flour
- green beans or any other veggies you like
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (I use lot of pepper because I like spicy food)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 table spoon brown sugar or honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- coconut oil
- Cut the chicken into thin slices and put it into a bowl. Then add soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic, brown sugar and ginger. Let it for rest 20-30 minutes (optional) and afterwards add oat flour.
- Heat the pan and add coconut oil. Then stir-fry chicken 5 minutes and add veggies, fry 5 more minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles
For me Chinese food have always seemed so difficult and time consuming “project” but really its not. You can make your healthy version of sticky chicken in 20 minutes. In fact to make it even easier you can ask your kids to help with chopping and seasoning, they love it. My boys are always eager to help me in the kitchen and it is so important that they learn how to cook. We don’t want them to think that food comes from shops or restaurants.
Anyway, now it’s time for you to give it a try! Hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as I did! Let me know how your healthy dinner turned out! Also don’t forget to check out my banana pancakes recipe for dessert!
La Pura Vida