How To Make Chunky Granola?
Hello again! Do you sometimes feel that it is difficult to get ideas about what to have for breakfast? Or you need something super quick in the morning when you just don’t have enough time to boil eggs or make sandwiches. Well, then you are in a right place because today I’ll teach you a perfect chunky peanut butter granola recipe! You just need to add milk or yogurt in the morning, maybe also some berries and you are good to go!
You can always buy store granolas but they are mostly packed with excess sugar and do not have high nutritional value. However if you make it at home you can be sure that your granola is full of whole foods like seeds, nuts, dried fruits and no excess sugar! So let’s get to it!
What Can I Use In Chunky Granola?
Well, here is a list that can help you get some more ideas.
NUTS AND SEEDS: Walnuts, nuts, almonds, cashew, hazelnuts, macadamia, chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, granola, coconut flakes.
DRIED FRUITS: Apricot, raisins, dates, prunes, figs, mango, pineapple, cranberries, papaya, cherries, kiwi.
SWEETENER: Agave, brown sugar, honey, date sugar, maple syrup.
You can enjoy your granola for example with milk, almond milk, yogurt (prefer always fermented one) or greek yogurt. You can also use different berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and add some banana slices for toppings.
Chunky Peanut Butter Granola Recipe
GRANOLA RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- 5 cups of whole oats (not rolled or instant)
- 1 cup of cornflakes
- 1/2 wheat bran
- 1/2 coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 1 cup of different dried fruits ( I used raisins and cranberries)
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey/agave/maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Firstly mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Then put peanut butter, coconut oil, sweetener and a pinch of salt into a pot. Heat and stir until it is all mixed up.
- Now pour peanut butter mixture on to dry ingredients. Stir until it is all nicely covered with peanut butter mixture.
- Then put everything on an oven tray(don’t forget the baking sheet) and press granola mixture tightly on to the sheet.
- Then bake 20-30 minutes 150 degrees (do not stir!).
- When granola is nicely golden brown, let it cool down, at least 30-40 minutes.
- Now your chunky granola is ready! Serve it with your favourite yogurt and berries.
*You can store it in an air tight container for up to 1-2 months.
So now you can sleep a little longer for couple of mornings. Just take your healthy granola mixture and enjoy it with milk or yogurt! Amazingly fast and easy, but still healthy and nutritious breakfast. Try also my seafood pasta or tacos recipes for lunch!
La Pura Vida