Chocolate Cake Without Flour
Hey! I’ve been craving for something sweet for couple of days now so I decided to make a cake that is every chocoholic’s dream! It is perfect for people with gluten intolerance since there are only 4 ingredients in it and none of them contain gluten. This flourless chocolate cake should be eaten the next day and meanwhile kept in the fridge because it has the chocolate egg foam on top. The base is gooey, moist and soft like a proper chocolate cake should be and for topping we’ll use pomegranate seeds. They give a refreshing, sour kick to the cake.
Let’s also speak a little about nutritional side. There are 12 eggs in this chocolate cake so I think it is one of the healthiest dessert recipes that you can find. Yes, it contains some butter and sugar but the amount is surprisingly small. Overall it is definitely a cake to impress your friends and family for special occasions. So let’s get started!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 12 eggs
- 400 g dark chocolate (at least 50% cacao)
- 50 grams of butter
- 50 grams of sugar (white or brown)
- Melt chocolate and butter in a medium size bowl. Use the microwave or double boiler.
- Then take two bigger bowls and separate egg whites from yolks.
- Whisk egg yolks with 30 grams of sugar into a fluffy yellow foam.
- Add chocolate and butter mixture to egg yolk foam.
- Now it is time to start whisking the egg whites, if they are getting thicker add 20 grams of sugar and whisk it till the foam is thick. You know that it’s ready when you can turn the bowl upside down without egg whites spilling out.
- Next add 1/4 of egg white foam to chocolate mixture and mix.
- Then add most of the egg foam gently into the egg white mixture, be careful or you’ll break the texture. You need to keep 1/4 for later, put it into the fridge or it will lose the right concistency.
- Pre-heat oven 150 degrees celsius(300 F).
- Oil your cake pan (24 cm / 9 inches) and add the chocolate mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- If you take out the cake it will sink down from the middle, its ok! When the cake has cooled down you can fill it with the 1/4 of egg white foam what you left earlier. Add grated chocolate and pomegranate seeds.
- Best to keep it over night in the fridge and enjoy the next day!
I hope your delicious flourless chocolate cake turned out perfect! Mine lasted for just couple of hours. If you want something not so sweet you can try out my canned borscht or oven pork ribs recipes!
La Pura Vida