How To Make White Bread At Home?
Hi guys! On Sunday morning I woke up and discovered that there was no bread … that is a problem in our house! The thing is that here in Spain all the grocery stores(and most other businesses) are closed on Sunday. Don’t ask me why… it goes against all logic in my opinion! So if I run out of something on Sunday, I have to be creative because I can’t just pop by a baker etc. Usually I do my shopping only once a week, armed with a weekly menu, to avoid over buying. We all know that if we go shopping too often then we tend to waste a lot of money on things that we don’t really need! Anyway … after a little disappointment I decided to bake my own homemade white bread, and now I will share this easy recipe with you as well.
You do not need a lot to make basic white bread. Yeast, egg, oil, water and honey or syrup. It is also very easy to make, super fast and actually much better than the bread that you can buy from supermarket. And since the dough is pretty liquid with this recipe, the bread will stay soft for several days! So let’s see how it’s done!
Homemade White Bread Recipe
- 450 grams of white all purpose flour
- 25 g of fresh yeast
- 1 egg
- 300 dl of warm water (about 42 degrees Celsius)
- 0,5 dl of olive oil or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey or syrup
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Stir yeast and water together in a medium bowl.
- Now add oil, egg and honey, stir till all mixed up.
- Then take a bigger bowl and mix flour and salt.
- Next add your yeast mixture to flour.
- Put it to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- When the dough is nicely risen, place it to a bread loaf form(30 cm).
- Let it rise for another 30 minutes in the form.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius(320F).
- Then bake your bread for 35 minutes till it’s golden brown.
- Finally, let it cool down in a bread loaf form and then serve.
So now it is time to give me some feedback about how your white bread loaf turned out! In my opinion the best thing about this bread recipe is that it stays soft for quite a long time without using any preservatives. Perfect to try with my borscht soup!
La Pura Vida