Healthy And Easy Blueberry Smoothie With Coconut Vanilla Cream
Hi everyone, today I’ll show you how to make some super healthy, no added sugar, blueberry smoothie dessert with creamy coconut vanilla sauce. This is going to be delicious and it is so easy, that you just have to try it! In fact, it takes only 10 minutes. My family loves this kind of treats and it makes me happy, because I try as hard as I can to avoid sweets that are full of sugar. Also these kind of easy and fun desserts are absolutely suitable to make together with kids. But anyway, let’s get started!
Serving for 4 smoothies.
- 350 g (14oz) frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 6 big dates
- 400ml (13oz) coconut cream
- cup of any milk (I use coconut-rice milk)
- pinch of vanilla
- tablespoon of agave or honey
- teaspoon of xanthan gum
How To Make Blueberry Smoothie With Coconut Cream:
- Firstly let’s make the coconut cream- put coconut cream, sweetener, vanilla and xanthan gum into a bowl and whip it. Put it in the fridge until you prepare the blueberry smoothie.
- Put a pack of frozen blueberries in the blender with banana, milk and dates. Mix it till smooth.
- Then take the coconut cream and whip it again.
- Divide blueberry smoothie between 4 glasses, pour coconut vanilla cream on top.
- Finally add some topping if you want, extra berries, chocolate nips or some seeds or whatever you like.
What is xanthan gum?
Xanthan gum is a popular food additive that you can add to foods as a thickener or stabilizer. I prefer to use it in various sauces, ice creams and cakes in stead of baking soda or cornstarch because it is gluten free! Furthermore, some studies show that it can also be beneficial to your skin and hair!
If you don’t have xanthan gum you don’t have to worry! In this case just let the coconut vanilla cream set a little longer in the fridge, then it is not so liquid any more.
Try to make this amazing healthy blueberry smoothie and you can see that sugar is not always needed to achieve incredible results! Not only can you have it as a dessert but also for breakfast or just as a snack between your meals! Try out my no sugar apple pie as well! Live and eat healthy!
La Pura Vida