How To Make Healthy Berry Popsicles?
Hi everyone! Today I’ll share with you my best berry smoothie popsicles recipe. We do smoothies quite often at home because kids just love them. Furthermore, it is a clever way to get them eating some healthy food like spinach, chia seeds, flaxseeds and different “super food” powders. These things they normally don’t even want to try. So for variety I decided to turn the smoothie into popsicles. I try to avoid dairy products as much as I can, but it is not easy to find good ice creams at grocery shops without dairy. You can find many popsicles but they are all full of sugar. This means that you have to make them by yourself. When I want creamy ice cream I use coconut cream or soy yoghurt and for sweetener I use my favourites – the dates. I add them to most of my desserts.
Anyway, this time I use frozen berries but you can use fresh ones as well. Strawberries, blackberries, blackcurrant, raspberries, cranberries and so on… Whatever you love to eat or you happen to have at home.
Berry Smoothie Popsicles Recipe
- Frozen berries mix 300 grams
- coconut cream 300-400 ml (depends how creamy you want the ice cream)
- 10 dates
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Put all ingredients to the blender and blend until it is smooth.
- Then pour it into popsicle mold and freeze 4 hours or over night.
- In order to remove popsicles from mold put it under the warm running water for 20-30 seconds. This way the popsicles slide out easily.
- This recipe is for 6 popsicles and 2 glasses of smoothie 🙂 nothing goes to waste!
These popsicles are really filling. In fact you can eat them for snack or even for breakfast in hot summer mornings. Of course you can always put more dates or even add some honey if you like them sweeter. I personally prefer them sour and if you don’t use honey in them they are perfect for vegans as well.
I hope you enjoy my berry popsicle recipe, my son sure does love it! Make sure you let me know how yours turned out! Also try out my best chicken wings recipe!
La Pura Vida