Easy Beef Liver Pate
Hello, today I will share with you the easiest, fastest and tastiest beef liver pate recipe ever. If you have not made your own pate before, then get ready to be surprised about how easy it is! Liver is actually very nutritious and healthy but many people don’t really like it. Thank god I’m not one of them. In fact if you know how to cook liver, it can be absolutely delicious! Moreover the benefits of it are amazing – it is literally FULL of vitamins and minerals. So let’s look, why we should add liver to our menu!
What Are Benefits Of Eating Liver?
Liver is basically one of the most nutrient-dense food ever. Not only is it so much cheaper than normal meat but also it is a perfect food for weight loss as it is pretty low in calories but high in protein. In 100g of beef liver there is just 175 calories and 23 grams of protein. Now, if you eat 100g of liver you get 3460% of the RDI (recommended daily intake per day) Vitamin B12, 860-1100% of the RDI Vitamin A, 80% of Iron. Copper 1620%, Folate (B9) 65%, Riboflavin 210-260%.
Due to its high Vitamin A level, it is a superfood for your skin because it helps to produce new skin cells and also evens the skin tone. Furthermore it smoothes the wrinkles and helps with acne.
PS! Try to avoid liver during the pregnancy, because of high Vitamin A content.
Home Made Beef Liver Pate
- 500 g of beef liver
- 2 big carrots
- 1 big onion or 3 shallot onions
- 3 garlic gloves
- 50 g of butter
- 3 tablespoon of brandy
- olive oil
- Firstly cut your beef liver into slices.
- Then slice your carrots roughly, onions into quarters, peel garlic. (In order to gain most of the benefits, I do not peel carrots)
- Now fry your carrots, onions and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the liver, fry for a few minutes and then add water.
- Do not add too much water, only enough to cover the liver.
- Then let it simmer 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Check if the liver is ready.
- When it is ready let it cool.
- Now use blender to smooth everything into paste. PS! Do not add all the liquid from the pan at first. Add it step by step. I like more fluid pate, but maybe you like it a little thicker.
- Add soft butter, brandy and season it with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy your own homemade beef liver pate with soft whole wheat bread.
This was one easy beef liver pate recipe, don’t you think? Let me know how you liked yours. Maybe you have some suggestions what to add or remove to make it even better? Try also my easy cinnamon rolls and homemade granola recipes!
La Pura Vida